Members Have Access to Affordable Health Insurance Plans
Working as a massage therapist can be a very rewarding career. Each and every day, you get the joy of helping others to feel relaxed, release tension, and be peaceful while they are under your care. As a massage therapist, you promote wellness, give stress relief to your clients, and take care of others’ wellness. But when you need caring for due to an illness or injury, how do you ensure that you get the health care you need to be well and healthy?
With the risk of health concerns all around, it is more important than ever to have access to affordable health care. That’s why we have made access to health insurance for massage therapists one of our member perks. As a member of Massage Magazine Insurance Plus, you have access to a range of affordable health insurance plans. We have teamed up with Member Benefits to create a unique marketplace for health insurance programs that is explicitly built for massage therapist insurance policyholders.
Health Insurance Through Member Benefits
When you become a member of MMIP, you have instant access to a wide variety of member perks just for having your massage therapy insurance through us. We have partnered with Member Benefits to bring you access to a complete marketplace for health insurance plans for massage therapists. This partnership enables you to gain affordable health insurance to help cover the cost of illness or injury.
When it comes to health insurance, there is no one-size-fits-all option. With a multi-level marketplace, you can find the perfect plan to meet your budget and health care needs. You can choose from both major medical Affordable Care Act (ACA) plans and short-term (non-ACA) health insurance plans. Finding the right coverage for you is an essential step in your personal wellness and investing in yourself.
Become a Member Three Ways
1-Year Part-Time Professional
1-Year Full-Time Professional Rate
2-Year Full-Time Professional Rate
Why do you Need Health Insurance for Massage Therapists?
There are a number of benefits to investing in your personal health. Protecting yourself financially and ensuring you will have access to health care is important for your future security. Gaining access to health insurance helps protect you from the expense of treatment for an injury or illness.
Some of the reasons you need health insurance for massage therapists are:
- Financial security: As one of the primary functions of health insurance, financial security is a significant reason to protect yourself. A health insurance policy helps cover the cost of doctor’s visits, medical procedures, and treatments for illnesses. Health insurance for massage therapists provides a financial safety net to protect against costly medical expenses.
- Illness happens to everyone: If we have learned anything over the past few years of the pandemic, it is that illness can happen to anyone. Whether it is COVID-19 or the common cold, health concerns are indiscriminate. When you get sick, getting the health you need to be well is essential to your healing. Health insurance for massage therapists helps you get the care you need if you become ill or sustain an injury.
- Performing massage is taxing: As a massage therapist, it takes a lot of work to promote the wellness of others. Using your muscles, arms, back, and hands for hours at a time can take its toll on your body after a while. Ignoring your personal health could eventually lead to long-term issues or additional complications. Health insurance helps ensure that you get the care you need to keep up your strength for giving massages.
- Pre-existing health issues: If you are living with pre-existing health concerns, getting access to affordable health care is all the more important to you. With a pre-existing condition, it is vital to stay on top of your treatment, medication, check-ups, and tests to ensure that condition is manageable. Access to health insurance plans for massage therapists will enable you to get the coverage you need to maintain your health and keep your pre-existing condition under close watch.
- Personal health is important: Everyone gets sick sometimes and needs medical care of some kind. As a massage therapist, when you sustain an injury or get sick, you are not able to work. This could mean a serious financial issue, especially if you are self-employed like most massage therapists. Health insurance allows you to maintain your health through regular access to medication, doctor visits, and diagnostic tests. Keeping your personal health in check enables you to give the best care to your clients and helps keep you in working health.
Find the Perfect Massage Therapy Health Insurance Plan
One of the benefits of our partnership with Member Benefits is that there are many different options available for health insurance plans. As a perk of having massage therapy insurance through MMIP, you have access to a wide range of programs to get the right coverage for your needs. You can choose between major medical ACA and short-term non-ACA plans through the Member Benefits marketplace.
Each health insurance category for massage therapists highlights different features and is designed to provide for your specific health coverage needs. Regardless of the amount of coverage you need or your budget, there is a health insurance plan for everyone. Be sure to thoroughly read each plan before choosing which one suits you best.
Major Medical Affordable Care Act Health Insurance for Massage Therapists
Let us dive into some differences between ACA and non-ACA plans, beginning with ACA or major medical plans. Major medical plans are the most comprehensive in what they will cover for medical expenses. Though ACA health insurance plans are more expensive, they are eligible for government aid through subsidies and credits.
There are several positives to having a major medical policy. Some of the best features of an ACA health insurance plan are:
- More thorough coverage: Overall, a major medical plan is going to provide more comprehensive coverage for medical costs. Major medical plans will help with expenses like doctor visits, maternity care, some prescription drugs, treatment for new and pre-existing conditions, and hospitalizations.
- No denial for pre-existing conditions: A key benefit of having an ACA plan is that you cannot be denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition like pregnancy, diabetes, or cancer. This means that you can still have the coverage you need to maintain your health and continue treatment for your condition.
- Renewability: Major medical plans can be renewed year after year, as long as the plan is still available. Plan renewability means that you do not have to go through the hassle of reapplying for coverage, re-designating a primary care provider, etc
Even though health insurance for massage therapists through an ACA plan is more comprehensive, there are some negative aspects, such as:
- Higher monthly premiums: though they do offer more thorough coverage, ACA policies do have a higher monthly cost than non-ACA plans. This monthly cost could deter those with a lower budget for health expenses.
- Limited application phase: Unlike non-ACA policies, major medical policies can only be applied during open enrollment or in the event of a life-changing event such as loss of coverage or marriage.
- Longer approval process: ACA health insurance plans will typically take 4-6 weeks to effect, whereas short-term policies are generally active in 10-14 days.
Non-ACA Short-Term Health Insurance Plans for Massage Therapists
The other option for health insurance for massage therapists is non-ACA or short-term health insurance. Short-term health insurance is cheaper per month than a major medical plan but is not as comprehensive. Non-ACA insurance policies will typically cover some basic medical expenses like visits to the doctor, new medical conditions, and emergency medical treatments. While it is typically easier to be approved for a short-term policy, it will not provide coverage for a pre-existing condition, and coverage could be denied for that reason.
However, there are some distinct perks to going with a non-ACA plan for your health insurance. Some things to consider are:
- Faster enrollment and approval: One perk of a non-ACA plan is that it typically only takes 10-14 days for coverage to begin once you are approved. It is also easier to be approved for a non-ACA plan than a major medical policy. You can enroll at any time, but you will have to reapply at the end of every policy term.
- Lower monthly payment: on average, non-ACA plans are much cheaper per month than major medical plans. However, non-ACA policies are not eligible for any government aid or subsidies.
Find the Perfect Plan For You
Find a policy that best meets your needs and budget. MMIP is honored to provide the best massage therapy insurance and extend the benefits of accessible health care plans to you. Access to health insurance for massage therapists is only one of the many member benefits we offer. To learn more about our massage therapist insurance, check out our page here.