Sound Healing Insurance for Therapists
Encompassing Protection for a Career in Sound Healing
Do you hear that? That’s the sound of you providing the sound healing your clients need for stress relief and relaxation. Sound healing insurance provides complete peace of mind to be able to keep practicing what you love and to keep bringing this beneficial therapy to your clients who need it the most.
As a sound healing therapist, you’re providing a safe and natural treatment that fosters relaxation and stress relief. Helping to create a calming environment, energetic blockage removal can help provide emotional and stress relief, and even better cognitive performance—the health benefits of sound healing are many. But as with any treatment plan out there, when you offer your services to clients you’re unfortunately also opening yourself up to liability. Sound healing liability insurance is your safety net against these types of risks. With both liability protection and a host of additional safeguards, Massage Magazine Insurance Plus (MMIP) provides one of the most all-encompassing insurance plans on the market today. This level of protection helps provide total peace of mind while you provide your beneficial therapies to clients.
Disciplines and Modalities We Cover
What Sound Healing Insurance Covers
Sound healing insurance from MMIP provides both liability coverage and additional safeguards that provide the best all-around protection possible.
Our sound healing insurance plans provides coverage under the following areas:
- General liability insurance: this is also known as “slip and fall” insurance because that’s a common type of accident that can cause a claim. When you open your doors and start receiving clients, you’re also opening yourself up to general liability. Coverage here applies to injuries or property damage to third-party individuals in and around your place of business. A client tripping over a loose front door mat and injuring themselves is an example of an event that would fall under this coverage type.
- Professional liability insurance: also called “malpractice coverage” this protection is for the actual services you provide during a session. If a client reports an injury or somehow has their property damaged during treatment, they may seek legal action to get compensation. These types of claims would fall under professional liability.
- Product liability insurance: to provide a great session for your clients, you’ll likely use a number of different instruments and tools. When equipment malfunctions, or a client has a bad reaction to something in one of the products you used, they may require medical attention. Afterwards, the client may demand you pay for all their costs since it was your product that caused their injury. Claims like this would fall under product liability coverage.
- Rental Damage Coverage: many sound healing therapists rent space in order to provide their sessions to clients. All it can take is a simple misstep from a client or other visitor to your space and you’re suddenly facing damages to your rental premises. When this occurs, our protection plan provides all the way up to $100,000 to help cover the costs of repairs.
- Stolen/Damaged Equipment Protection: you rely on your equipment in order to provide a session so a robbery-by-force can be both a harrowing experience and also costly having to replace what was taken. That’s why our plan includes up to $1,000 to cover the costs of replacement with a low $250 deductible.
- Identity Protection Plan: today’s sound healing therapists are exposed more than ever to the threat of a cyber incident stealing their personal data. If this occurs, our members get all the way up to $25,000 in identity restoration services.
It’s the full suite of protections offered in our plans that provides the best level of security possible from all the types of risks facing today’s sound healing therapists. We’ve designed our plans to be an effective safeguard so that our members can focus on providing great treatments to clients, rather than what their insurance covers.
Industry-Preferred Insurance Coverage for sound healing therapists
When it comes to insuring your career in sound healing therapy, you want the best protection you can get. With MMIP, we use the industry-preferred coverage types that allow our members to have the best coverage available.
Occurrence Form Coverage
This is perhaps one of the most important provisions to look for in a sound healing insurance policy because it can mean the difference between full coverage and none at all. You see, when you get close to the end of your policy, some insurance plans will say after the policy expires, you can’t go back and file a new claim, even if the claim event occurred while the policy was still in effect. This is called claims-made coverage and it’s unfortunately all-too-common. Occurrence form coverage says that you can still go back and file a claim, even after your policy expires, so long as the event occurred while your policy was still in effect.
Let’s look at an example, a sound healing therapist was providing a session on December 31st, the day their policy expires, and then a few weeks into January the client comes back with a claim they were injured during the session. With claims-made policies, the therapist would be footing the bill themselves. With occurrence form, they could still go back and file a claim since their policy hadn’t yet expired when the event took place.
Individual Annual Aggregates
Some insurance plans use shared aggregates in order to drive down costs. Shared aggregates means you’re “pooling” your coverage limits with others on your plan. If they happen to have claims before you that require coverage, they could use up the plan’s coverage before you have a chance to. If you have a claim once the limits are depleted, you may lack enough coverage to fully cover the costs of the claim and would have to make up any shortfalls out-of-pocket.
Our plans use an individual annual aggregate which means that every dollar you see listed under the plan’s limits are the policyholder’s alone. This is the industry-preferred way to ensure you have all of the coverage available when you need it most.
400+ Healing Practices Covered, and Counting
We know many therapists need to employ multiple health and wellness modalities as part of a holistic treatment plan for their clients. That’s why we include coverage for more than 400 different modalities and continue to add even more. Check out the full list of covered modalities to see what services fall under our all-inclusive insurance plan for sound healing therapists and other health professionals.
Great Coverage, Maximum AffordabilityYou might expect that getting full and complete liability coverage, a host of additional safeguards, a full suite of member benefits, and unmatched customer service would cost more than the average insurance plan. MMIP designed our plan to combine both great coverage and true affordability rolled into one all-inclusive package. At just $159 per year, or less than $0.50 per day, our members enjoy complete peace of mind with an insurance plan that protects them every step their career takes.
Portable Coverage That Follows You
sound healing therapists rely on being able to bring this unique form of therapy right to the people that need it the most. That’s why our sound healing insurance plan comes with full portability. Portability is a provision within the policy which means you can move locations, change employers, even move across the country and you’ll still enjoy full and complete coverage. We believe sound healing therapy insurance needs to be more flexible now than ever before which is why we include this important provision within all of our policies.
How to Get Free Continuing Education Classes
Simply by signing up with MMIP, you’ll get free, unlimited access to cutting-edge continuing education classes that are NCBTMB-approved. Check out the Massage Magazine CE Library for all of the different courses available and enjoy this free member benefit with the purchase of your sound healing insurance policy.
What Other Therapists Say About This Program
We know an investment even in something as vital as sound healing therapy insurance can be a big decision. That’s why we’ve partnered with TrustPilot, an independent review platform, to gather real experiences from real members using our insurance program.
We’re incredibly proud to be rated “Excellent” on TrustPilot by thousands of therapists that have trusted our insurance program to protect them throughout their careers.
Sign Up for Coverage in Just a Few Minutes
Enjoy full protection with sound healing insurance from MMIP in just a few minutes’ time. Simply fill out a quick and easy online application, check out, and you’re done. You’ll enjoy instant coverage with full access to all of your plan documents—including certificates of insurance.